Forum Discussion

ssliney
New Contributor
7 years ago

Is anyone using TestComplete for testing scripts in Infor/Lawson?

Looking for anyone who may have used TestComplete for testing in the Infor/Lawson environment, especially in the area of test scripts. Can be in relation to patches, upgrades, or net-new implementations.

4 Replies

NisHera
    Valued Contributor

As I understand Info/Lawson is ERP system.

As Marsha_R says TC is a tool focused for automate testing using GUI. I assume (closed to 95% accuracy ) info/Lawson should have GUI.

So Info/Lawson could be tested using TC's automate testing capability. 

BUT be aware, depending on your applications technology, TC may need some extra access to it's GUI elements. 

As you relate your testing "to patches, upgrades, or net-new implementations" my intuition suggest that you may distinct from application development. 

To understand your situation and help we need to know

1)what is your application? Desktop, web or mobile.

2)based on what technology?

3)what are you trying to achieve or what challenge you have  in nutshell

4)up to what level you are in above testing challenge?  

to understand more about TC please refer this

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

I'm not quite clear what you are asking.  TestComplete is for UI testing.  You could test a new install or one that's been upgraded some way, but it would still be UI.

I only found a couple of specific mentions of Lawson in the forum and they are six years old.

Do you have TestComplete installed?  What have you tried testing?

ssliney
    New Contributor

I understand your questions and will gladly go into that detail when the time arrives, but for now I am just asking if anyone can provide me with a name of a contact that may be using TestComplete in the Infor/Lawson environment. I was not a part of the purchasing decision for this product, but was told SmartBear had stated that TestComplete was a "proven" option for testing within the Infor/Lawson ERP. Given that, I would like to hear from someone using it with Infor/Lawson as to what extent this is true, how they are leveraging TestComplete, and what the advantages are they maybe seeing by using the product.