Forum Discussion

jsc
Regular Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

I cannot merge 2 namemappings although they have the same configuration

I want to clean up my oldest project suite, where the namemapping is not as clean as in my new tests. So I started by cleaning the namemapping and merging them. But ...

I cannot merge 2 namemapping files, there is an error message shown that "the configuration of ....tcNM differs from that of the current name mapping item. you cannot merge files having different configurations."

Til that point I havn't even heard about configurations. So I read and googled where to find them just to find out, that all my namemappings are using the same default configuration. (surprise, surprise)

I still can't merge them.

Even after creating a new configuration and selecting it for the 2 mappings, I cannot merge them.

Can anybody help me how I can merge my files?

Is it done best inside TestComplete or is it done better with some xml-editor or stuff?

Best regards,

Joachim

jsc
    9 years ago

I already opened a case some days ago.

I was able to merge the files. They indeed did have different configurations BUT if you open them both in different tabs and switch between the tabs it looks like they have the same configuration, even if you change the configuration. This is most probably the bug that fooled me.

If I only open one of them and check the configuration, then I see, that they got different configurations.

6 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Was the old project by any chance created on a different version of TestComplete than the newer one?

jsc
      Regular Contributor

I do not really now... they are both old. :-)

They most probably have been created with TestComplete 7, 8 or 9...

As far as I see all of the projects are converted to TestComplete 11.

Any other options?

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Create two empty projects in TC 11 and add one old mapping to one and one old mapping to the other and then try merging.