Forum Discussion

nakshatra
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

How to search keyword tests in test complete?

Hi,

I am started using test complete recently. We are giving test cases id for keyword test names and keeping in different folder. We are having so many folder. Now i have to search for one test case with the test case id where exactly it present.

Could you please tell me anyone how to search?

Thanks. 

nakshatra
    5 years ago

Found the solution. Just we need to click on our project suite and type your test cases id or name whatever we want to search. 

Matched data will get highlighted in the project.

4 Replies

• I'm curious to find out as well if anybody else knows.  I couldn't find any toolbar customisation or context menu that allows me to search instide project explorer.  For now I'm OK because my folder and KWT structure still makes sense and I haven't needed it yet, but it's bordering on getting too hard to follow

nakshatra
      Contributor

Found the solution. Just we need to click on our project suite and type your test cases id or name whatever we want to search. 

Matched data will get highlighted in the project.

RUDOLF_BOTHMA
        Community Hero

I'm having limited success with this approach though.  If I have two KWTs ID 123  and ID 1234 and I start typing 123, the first KWT is highlighted and I can never find KWT 1234.  Also, it doesn't give me the "contains" functionality.  Sometimes you just arent sure what exactly you called that script or KWT and you want to type in the words you expect to match the KWT/Script's name