Forum Discussion

ray_mosley
Frequent Contributor
12 years ago

How to access VCLObject("AppGrid") objects

Our application had an appointment grid that can have variable appoinment durations.  The example shows 30 minutes, but can be customized by other options in the application.  The Object is a VCLObject("AppGrid") object.  I search the forum and TestComplete help for "appgrid" and "AppGrid" and found no match - no results.  TestComplete Help describes lots of other grid objects, even from other vendors, but not this one.

We have been accessing the appointment slots by specific x,y coordinates, which I find unacceptable, especially since I have to modify the appointment sizes and establish blocked time areas etc.

Does anyone have suggestions about how to access the "AppGrid" object in general programatically instead of x,y coordinates?

1 Reply

Julia_K
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Harlan,

What is the class name of your tested grid (the class name is displayed by the WndClass property in the Object Browser)? Is it TSIMPLDays?

Please check whether the Supported Controls section of TestComplete's Help system lists your grid's class name among the class names of the supported grid controls?

If TestComplete does not provide extended support for your tested grid, to work with your grid in tests, you can use its native properties and methods. According to your screenshots, you are testing a Delphi application. In order to access your grid's native properties and methods, you may need to compile your tested application with debug information. To learn how to do this, please see the Preparing Delphi Applications for Testing help topic.

Also, you can try using TestComplete's MSAA support to work with your grid. To learn about this feature, please see the Using Microsoft Active Accessibility Help topic.

Please let us know if this information does not help, or if you need anymore assistance.

Thank you.