Forum Discussion

egiacomi
Contributor
6 years ago

How Performance counters should be used?

Hi,

I try to create performance counter on my TestComplete project, at the moment I use 2 standard counter(memory and CPU)  and on the event OnStartTest I add a call to the method Start of the object aqPerformance .

Am I doing something wrong in the implementation?

Emanuele

p.s. I execute TestComplete like administrator

4 Replies

egiacomi
      Contributor

I expect to see the values of memory and cpu in the log , i don't understand very well how it works

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

aqPerformance object that you called is something completely different and has nothing to do with the performance counters that you're adding.  Again, I linked in the article above that starts you through understanding how TestComplete does things with performance counters.

Once you add the counters, there is a tab in the log called "Performance Counters".  When you run your project, you'll get a graph/chart showing the counters and their values during the course of your test run.  It's not that you'r going to see log records throughout the log, you'll have this graph that shows the counter values over time.

Are you not seeing that graph?  What are you expecting to see that you're not?  Again, please read through the documentation.