Forum Discussion

habhoub
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

Grid Controls issue - Please help

Hi,

I have a windows application, having a data grid control, containing in her columns some icons (edit, delete) to be clicked. I'm not finding a method to click on this image icon in order to edit or delete the selected row.

Any suggestion please? The Grid doesn't have the ClickCell method in the list of available methods. It has only Click..

I have attached to the message a screenshot of the grid I have; maybe this will help detecting its type...

Thank you

6 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Rather than a screenshot of the grid, what would be better is screenshots of the Object Spy showing the properties and methods of the object, perhaps even the Object Browser showing other child and/or parent objects.  Also, any information as to what class of component (DevExpress, etc) it is would be helpful as well.

You can also start with https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-objects/specific-tasks/grids/index.html to see what grids are supported and if yours is one of them, additionally, contains information as to how to work with grids in general.

habhoub
      Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I attached screenshots from the properties and methods of the datagrid from the Object Spy.

When trying to record actions, the only method called is Click(x, y) which is not useful..

Any suggestion?

Thank you

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor
        Based upon the properties screenshot, I can pretty much guarentee you that this is not a recognized grid type for TestComplete. I can also say, based upon the WndClass, that it probably doesn't match any supported object class. What's the CLR Class? What shows up when you click on NativeClrObject? Basically, what you're going to have to do is spend some time with the object, investigating native options, methods, properties, etc, to see if there is anything you can do to write your own code to interact with the object.

What technology is this application written in? This might help in figuring out if there is some way of making the object "open".
    NisHera
    Valued Contributor

did you try recording your actions?

what was the results? It would give you some clues about your grid