Forum Discussion

whuang
Regular Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Got "Incorrect syntax near 'NULLDROP'" when trying to connect to DB

Hi there,

I got error "Incorrect syntax near 'NULLDROP'" when my codes were trying to run DBConnection.Open

I have verified my code works when the query is quick, it only failed because this specific query was taking about 30 secs to return results. Does anyone know how I can fix this issue? Thanks in advance!

Set DBConnection = ADO.CreateADOQuery
DBConnection.ConnectionString = xxxxxxxxxxxx
DBConnection.SQL = QueryToRun
DBConnection.Open

• Hi,

If I remember it right, pure ADO has a property named like Timeout. Try to check if it is provided by the ADO object in TestComplete.

If it is not, double-check with ADO documentation on MS site if my memory is correct and consider to port your code from TestComplete's ADO object to pure native ADO.

3 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

If I remember it right, pure ADO has a property named like Timeout. Try to check if it is provided by the ADO object in TestComplete.

If it is not, double-check with ADO documentation on MS site if my memory is correct and consider to port your code from TestComplete's ADO object to pure native ADO.

whuang
      Regular Contributor

Thanks for the help. It actually turns out the issue was in my query, my script was fine.