Forum Discussion

william_roe
Super Contributor
9 years ago

Finding Amgibuous Objects

I've removed extended find from all items and in the process of explicitly re-mapping all objects. I've run across several 'Ambiguous recognition' warnings and turned this support article. I'm not sure what to do with "additional information...may contain the names of several objects". 

3. Switch to the Additional Info panel.
This panel contains additional information about the cause of the warning. For instance, it may contain the names of several objects that meet the mapping conditions.

What is even more perplexing is the next line of code refers to the same object and doesn't receive the warning:

This is the object referenced which causes the ambiguous warning

Aliases.browser.CribMaster.PrimaryWrapper.PrimaryContent.CraftCodeProperties.sectionActionwrapper.headerActionheader.navActionbar.section.Okay

And this does not.

Aliases.browser.CribMaster.PrimaryWrapper.PrimaryContent.CraftCodeProperties.sectionActionwrapper.headerActionheader.navActionbar.section.Okay

1 Reply

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi William_roe,

I suggest that you add one more stable mapping criterion to this mapped object. This would help TestComplete identify the object for sure and avoid getting this warning.