Forum Discussion

vijaygup16
New Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Fatal error when trying to uninstall Test complete

Hi,

I was trying to install TC new version 15.42.09, halfway through I got an error and had to reboot my system. But after that I am neither able to install the new version or uninstall 15.0.379 the old version and even not able to upgrade . I am not able to uninstall from Programs and Features also. Can someone please help?

The error is :

Fatal error

The uninstallation log is empty.

The installation program will be terminated.

Can someone please help me as soon as possible ?

The error is :

Fatal error

The uninstallation log is empty.

The installation program will be terminated.

I get the same error when I try to install new version or delete old version.

I get the same error when I try to install new version or delete old version.

Kitt
    2 years ago

Open a Task Manager and see if you have an older version of TestComplete still running. Additionally you may want to check you registry keys for any reference to the older version of TC. Although I can't recall if the error I received was the same as yours, I did experience a similar upgrade issue when moving from TC 14 to 15 and this was the workaround.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

right-click on the 'Uninstall' folder and then Find 'testcomplete' and delete any folders referencing the old version. If you aren't comfortable using regedit.exe, or don't see any old versions, just wait to see what SmartBear says.

5 Replies

vijaygup16
      New Contributor

Thanks for your response but this is not worked out , I raised support ticket waiting for there response  

Kitt
        Regular Contributor

Open a Task Manager and see if you have an older version of TestComplete still running. Additionally you may want to check you registry keys for any reference to the older version of TC. Although I can't recall if the error I received was the same as yours, I did experience a similar upgrade issue when moving from TC 14 to 15 and this was the workaround.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

right-click on the 'Uninstall' folder and then Find 'testcomplete' and delete any folders referencing the old version. If you aren't comfortable using regedit.exe, or don't see any old versions, just wait to see what SmartBear says.

vijaygup16
    New Contributor

Thanks a lot , its worked out now I'm able to unistalled the TC from my system