Forum Discussion

shantlk
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Execution jumps from one browser to the other

Hi,

I'm new to automation and TestComplete. I have recorded simple a keyword test IE 11 and then tried to execute it n different browsers by changing the browser under 'Operation' in 'Run Browser'.

At some point the 'Login Page' and 'page' (please refer the attachment) has changed to Firefox. I couldn't recall how and when. Now when I try to execute the test, it opens the IE browser, but then jumps to Firefox and executes the test there.

1) Why / how does it happen?

2) How can I revert it back, so that I have it in IE?

3) How can we achieve running in different browsers successfully having to encounter this issue?

Please refer the attachments.

Appreciate your help.

Thank you

• I believe the indicators in the recorded test case are not indicators of what browser is used for execution.  TestComplete sets an internal value that, when you use the "Run Browser" operation, uses whatever browser was executed at that point for the playback.

Note: Be sure that, when you playback, you don't have any other browsers open as it might confuse some things.  But generally, you shouldn't worry about the indicator to know what browser will be played back.

1 Reply

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I believe the indicators in the recorded test case are not indicators of what browser is used for execution.  TestComplete sets an internal value that, when you use the "Run Browser" operation, uses whatever browser was executed at that point for the playback.

Note: Be sure that, when you playback, you don't have any other browsers open as it might confuse some things.  But generally, you shouldn't worry about the indicator to know what browser will be played back.