Forum Discussion

Raveees
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Execution Plan : How to count number of groups and number of Test Items in each group / subgroup ?

Is there a way to know the total number of test items by group in Execution Plan ( before running the test).

• Hi Raveees 

I appreciate you do not want a scripting approach to this. 

I dont know of another approach however, given that there is a scripted approach. 

It could be a good basis for an enhancement to list the number of items in the execution plan. 

There is obviously questions on what is included in the count, 

Is it all test items(including all hierarchies), only the checked test items etc

Either way its a good suggestion for a feature request. 

Feel free to raise it here and we can vote on it to get traction 🙂 

I would also encourage people who think the same to also vote on it. 

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/TestComplete-Feature-Requests/idb-p/TestXCompleteFeatureRequests

KR

Vinnie

9 Replies

AnthonyB
    Occasional Visitor

You can organize test items into a plain list, grouped list, or a tree-like structure (where child items are run after the parent item has finished running) and change their properties. For example, you can exclude test items from or include them in the test run using the check box next to the test item name.

CredibleBH

Raveees
      Occasional Contributor

Thank you Anthony, But my query is how to find the total count of test items from those lists?

vinniew
        Staff

Hi Raveees 

In the execution plan it will detail all of the test items and sub test items. 

This is also detailed in the summary report post execution

I understand you are looking for a count but what value does this provide? 

Just searched a little, I dont think count property will work here but have you checked out Item count property? 

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/project-objects/project/testitem/itemcount.html

This counts the number of child test items. 

You may need to restructure your execution plan but it may be worth checking out none the less. 

KR

Vincent