Forum Discussion

bkrishna213
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Exception in Keyword testing with Data Base Table variable

Hello,

I am trying to compare excel data with desktop application. Passing inputs from my local excel. Created variable in project level and assigned related excel cells.

Test complete is throwing exception when i am passing 000 via excel.

Example: customer id is 00000088 . In the excel the field type is Text. 

Declared as below in test complete. 

Can you please help me how to make this test accept text type as input from excel.

• Hi,

I found the solution finally. The working solution is passing all fields data type as text to testcomplete. 

Will close this thread. Thank you.

14 Replies

• Hello bkrishna213 - 

What is the step in your test that is throwing the exception? Is it a checkpoint? Please show how it is configured.

Thanks, 
    Emma

bkrishna213
      Occasional Contributor

Step where entering customer id

Onscreen action for settext. Here CustomerId is the one which I am picking from excel.

Expected is this step need to enter 0000008 in edit field. But once the control comes here exception is thrown.

KeywordTests.Customer_Inquiry_DataLoop.Variables.Cust_inq["CustomerId"]

Excel is having below columns

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Over the years I've been using TestComplete, I would run into this problem, and others, using Excel as a data source.  I was spending a lot of time trying to compensate for what are just innate properties of Excel itself.  When I switched to using .csv files for my data source, my test development got much easier.

• Hi,

Could you take a screenshot of the keyword test or code you are running that's failing? 

bkrishna213
      Occasional Contributor

The entire test is based on Property check point comparison.

And its a data driven loop keyword test. The comparison is passed for when excel cell data type is integer Ex: 8900000.

I converted to text local excel cell to text to accept 0's. When this cell hit test complete then exception is thrown.

Please check the attachment.

Thank you.