Forum Discussion

Andrea_Bonacchi
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Enter at character (@) using Keys method

Hello,

In my test script, I open the application MobaXterm then I need to enter a string that contains the at character (@).

I recorded these actions but when I played it again the @ is not entered.

In the support I found these two links:

But they didn't solved my problem.

Any other suggestion? Consider I use the Italian keyboard and normally to enter the at character I need to press the "Alt Gr" key plus "ò" key.

Thanks in advance, 

Andrea

• I use German keyboard, for me symbol @ = "ALT GR" + "Q".

Method "Keys" prints "@" for me without additional brackets and other characters.

Check whether you use different languages during testing (keyboard and system, as well as application language). Maybe that's the problem.

6 Replies

• Hi,

try use twice @@, (in []) mybe working.

if not working, please share your code!

Andrea_Bonacchi
      New Contributor

In the following the code lines

let applications = Sys.Process("explorer").Window("Shell_TrayWnd").Window("ReBarWindow32").Window("MSTaskSwWClass", "Running applications");
      applications.Window("MSTaskListWClass", "Running applications").Click();

let formXterm = Sys.Process("MobaXterm").VCLObject("FormXterm");
      let panSessions = formXterm.VCLObject("PanGauche").VCLObject("sPanel13").VCLObject("PCGauche").VCLObject("sTabSessions").VCLObject("PanSessions");
      panSessions.VCLObject("TreeSessions").DblClickItem("|User sessions|192.168.10.10 (admin)");
      Delay(10000)

formXterm.VCLObject("sPanel1").Window("TListBox").Keys("ssh admin[@@]192.168.10.11[Enter]");

The problem is the last line. I tried the single @ and double @ (without [ ] ) but they don't work.

Larry_M
        New Contributor

Andrea_Bonacchi ,

This probably isn't very helpful, but we use Moba Personal Edition V12.4 Build 4248 and the following does work for us

Aliases.MobaXterm.FormXterm.sPanel1.Window("TListBox").Keys("ssh admin@xxx.xxx.xx.xx[Enter]")

FWIW, we recorded the keyword test and then converted it to a script. That probably doesn't matter but I thought I'd mention it.

Also, we have added Moba as a TestComplete TestedApp. 

Good Luck,

Larry

• I use German keyboard, for me symbol @ = "ALT GR" + "Q".

Method "Keys" prints "@" for me without additional brackets and other characters.

Check whether you use different languages during testing (keyboard and system, as well as application language). Maybe that's the problem.

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thanks Community! Great thread!

Andrea_Bonacchi did the advice help? Please mark the best reply as a Solution here.

If you need additional assistance, please contact the Customer Case Team.