Forum Discussion

socaltester
Contributor
6 years ago

Does TestComplete and/or LoadComplete support the use of soft security certificates?

Does TestComplete and/or LoadComplete support the use of soft security certificates? The browser-based application I'm assigned to requires the use of security certificates for user authentication. TestComplete tests are currently written to automate authentication as long as a hard certificate is available from a security card inserted into a card reader. The issue, of course, is that test automators can not execute a suite of automated tests in the evening and go home. The other issue is the inability to run load tests simulating the many virtual users authenticating into the browser-based application. The solution to this is to create and/or acquire soft certificates used specifically to support test automation which my project is able to do, but TestComplete and LoadComplete needs to be able to use them.

If TestComplete and/or LoadComplete do not support soft certificates is this a current requirement for them and when are the requirements to be fulfilled with each one? 

7 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

If you were executing the test manually would you have to click Ok or do some other action to accept the soft certificate?  That's what TestComplete will do just as soon as you teach it what you want.

socaltester
      Contributor

I don't have a definitive answer, yet, as I don't have soft certificates to test against. I'm going to reach out to another project to ask that question.

Tim

Marsha_R
      Champion Level 3

TestComplete doesn't have any security requirements on its own.  If you can click through and sign on (or whatever it takes to get through to the AUT), then you can have TestComplete do it.  

socaltester
        Contributor

Would LoadComplete then use the automated script generated by TestComplete? To include tackling any pseudo-random security pop-ups requested of the user to select a soft certificate to use while in the middle of running a suite of tests? 

In our project's case, it has a light requirement to have a threshold of eight (8) simultaneous users logging into and conducting user activities. The project doesn't have an Objective number of users, yet.