Forum Discussion

kroe761
Contributor
9 years ago

Distributed testing: Cannot load the remote project. Failed to invoke an object. Reason: timeout ex

Very weird question, and this issue just started yesterday, with seemingly nothing causing it.  I have run several distributed tests every night.  They are ran from a virtual machine called QA-MASTER and the tests are sent to several slave machines (QA-1, QA-2, etc).  If I run the tests as my local machine as the master and sending the tests to QA-1, it works correctly.  However, when I run the tests from QA-MASTER using the exact same code (code is from an SVN repo, so it's the same code) I receive the messages for each test "Cannot load the remote project. Failed to invoke an object. Reason: timeout expired" and "Cannot close the remote instance of TestComplete(TestExecute). Object disconnected" (see screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/0VW41pcx).  Both TC on the master computer(s) and TE opn the slave computers are on 10.60 and when I verify the QA-1 on the hosts page it succeeds.  Not only that, but I can even copy the project files to the remote slave.  This is causing serious issues because these tests need to be run every day.  I can run them locally, but obviously I cannot work during that time because it locks up TC.  

Thanks very much!

1 Reply

KayC
    Occasional Contributor

I'm assuming that you have found a solution to your problem  by now, but this was exactly the same sort of problem I have been experiencing but couldn't find the answer to resolve it, until I found the hidden field "Host Timeout" in the tests on the Master system.

I increased the timeout from 3 minutes to 5 minutes and the tests ran & Test Execute shut down properly!! 

Thought I would post the solution that worked for me incase it helps others!!

:)