Forum Discussion

sarya
Frequent Contributor
14 years ago

Cloning project suggestion

Hi,

I have one project suite and the scripts currently run on the older builds.Now for the newer builds,I have to redo those scripts and make changes.Can I clone the same projects to a new and different project suite and build new set of scripts and project from the cloned scripts ? Will the changes made in the new cloned project affect my original project from which I have cloned the projects ?

Thanks,

Sumedha

2 Replies

• Hi,

Can I clone the same projects to a new and different project suite and build new set of scripts and project from the cloned scripts ?

The cloning projects feature allows cloning a project and adding its clone to the current project suite. However, if you want to add the cloned project to a new project suite, in the 'Clone Project' dialog, you should uncheck the 'Add to...' check box and specify the needed location. After that, close the current project suite and open the cloned project from the specified location in TestComplete - a new project suite will be automatically created.

Will the changes made in the new cloned project affect my original project from which I have cloned the projects ?

No, changes made to the cloned project will not be applied to the original project as the cloned project contains its own copy of all the files of the original project. See the 'Cloning Projects' help topic for more information.
    sarya
    Frequent Contributor
    Thanks David for the clarification.

Thanks,

Sumedha