Forum Discussion

DavidRedmayne
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

Check box stays in the unchecked state.

TestComplete will not seem to replay a checkbox 'on' action.

I've tried recording as a normal mouse click and tab+space-bar action - result is the same.

I've also tried manually editing to 'point' TC in the right place!

Call Aliases.DRSGUILD.wndGuiConClass.MDIClient.wndFedWClass4.checkAllEcashSuspended.ClickButton(cbChecked)

This is the line in the script. Any suggestions please?

Thanks

David

2 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Just a guess (I don't know your application)... but is there another layer going on there?  I'm currently working with an application where, once I click on a control, there's another layer of objects that "takes over". We ran into a problem where clicking on a control appeared to "enable" the control on screen... but when we tried sending keystrokes to that control, we got errors indicating that we were unable to do so because the control was disabled. What we needed to do was click on the FIRST control to enable another control that is handling the actual UI actions.  

This is just a wild guess, mind you... but worth investigating.

Other things you can try is calling "ClickChecked" (which I think is an action for most check box controls).  You can also see if there is a "checked" property that you can just try setting to "true".  Not exactly simulating user actions and it carries it's own problems in that this might not fire certain events and such. But it's worth trying it to see if TestComplete can actually set the checkbox to the proper value.

DavidRedmayne
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks! yes - I'll try those suggestions. You are quite right - the application opens several windows within the main container window. I tried moving the new window with the check box to some clean real-estate and ensured the window had focus.

Thanks again

David