Forum Discussion

15 years ago

Caption works on XP, but not term server Windows 2003

Good Day,

I have a project that runs fine on a Windows XP virtual machine both in TestComplete and TestExecute.  When I try to run it on a Virtual Terminal Server running Windows Server 2003,  using TestExecute, I receive the error below.  It is a VB app that is being tested and I am using version 7.51.667.7 of TestComplete and version 7.51.667.11 of TestComplete.

An error occurred when executing the "Caption" method or property of the "OperationLabel" object.

The object or one of its parent objects was not found in the system.

Tested Object

------------------

Alias: Aliases["Sys"]["CLPUDGISCUConversion"]["CUConversionForm"]["OperationLabel"]

Mapping item: NameMapping["Sys"]["CLPUDGISCUConversion"]["CUConversionForm"]["OperationLabel"]

Missing Object

------------------

Alias: Aliases["Sys"]["CLPUDGISCUConversion"]["CUConversionForm"]["OperationLabel"]

Mapping item: NameMapping["Sys"]["CLPUDGISCUConversion"]["CUConversionForm"]["OperationLabel"]

Thanks,

Mike

1 Reply

• Hi Mike,

Most likely, some values of mapping properties changed when you changed the OS to Windows Server 2003. I suggest that you verify mapping properties of the OperationLabel object and make sure that their values are valid and stable (do not change from run to run). BTW, you can use wildcards to make the mapping criteria more flexible.

It is also possible that the object needs some time to appear on the screen. If this is the case, try using the WaitAliasChild method to get the target object. Please refer to the "WaitAliasChild Method" help topic for details.

If the suggestions above do not help, please zip the entire project suite folder along with logs of the test execution and send us the archive via the following web form: