Forum Discussion

muralpsq
Regular Visitor
4 years ago
Solved

Can we install TestComplete on Windows10 Tablet?

The requirement is to Test on Windows 10 Tablet and it has  Microsoft Windows 10 Professional Operating System. Will I be able to install TestComplete and execute tests on it like I am able to do in Desktops?

sonya_m
    4 years ago

Thank you Marsha!

Let me quote the reply from our Support team:

>>

Yes, it's possible to install TestComplete on a tablet device running on Windows 10. But, please note that TestComplete cannot record any actions which are related to the touch screen.

<<

>>

You'll be able to perform actions with a mouse and physical keyboard. But, you cannot record or simulate any actions like touches, swipes, interaction with the on-screen keyboard, and all other ones related to the touch screen.  In other words, you can work with the tablet like with a usual laptop.

<<

2 Replies

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you Marsha!

Let me quote the reply from our Support team:

>>

Yes, it's possible to install TestComplete on a tablet device running on Windows 10. But, please note that TestComplete cannot record any actions which are related to the touch screen.

<<

>>

You'll be able to perform actions with a mouse and physical keyboard. But, you cannot record or simulate any actions like touches, swipes, interaction with the on-screen keyboard, and all other ones related to the touch screen.  In other words, you can work with the tablet like with a usual laptop.

<<