Forum Discussion

herbie68nl
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

Can I run different testsScripts simultaneously

I created several tests to interact with a SQL database.

For Example:

Script 1 represents UserA who creates a new Customer in the database

Script 2 represents UserB who also creates a new Customer in the database

Script 3 represents UserC who creates a new Order in the database

Now I want to simulate a WorkLoad situation to measure performance, therefore I want to run thos TestScripts simultaneously

But Al I can do is run them in line.

Is there a way to run several scripts at the same time?

4 Replies

herbie68nl
      Occasional Contributor

I am not sure yet, I am still strugling with this, reading the explanation, this is what I want but....

I have created several VB scripts in TestComplet whith I want to run.

I created a "Control" script, where I can call the seperate script with theis function, but what do I use as Obj and Property name

For Example the Scripts called Unit1, Unit2 and Unit3

Within thos scripts I called my Sub routines Test1, Test2 and Test3. I do not need parameters to run the scriptss

But my Script is not an object and my subroutines are not methods therefore the line

Set Result=Runner.CallObjectMethodAsync(Unit2, "Test1")

returns an error "Parameter is incorect"

Do I have to create Objects for my scripts and If yes How, or is this the wrong aproach and should I use this sollution differently.

herbie68nl
      Occasional Contributor

Thank you, this is differt aproch,

So Insted of creating one Project with all scripts I create multiple Projects with scripts.

In our case all projects wil contain the same scripts, at least the scripts that have to run simultainously. All other scripts wil only apear in the "Main" project.

Next step is to distribute every Project to its own Test Machine and run it

All Test machines use the same SQL Server.

But as befits a good tester There is no solution without a new problem ;-)

I have to simulate 1500 Users who aproach the SQL database, so with this solution I need 1500 (virtual) machines to do the test.

But is as a good solution, for a lot of my simultainiously testing, I do not have to test with so many users al the time, and then this is a very good solution. Because I do not only simulate the load from different users, there are realy different users.