Forum Discussion

ackmondual
Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Android application's version of PatchServices.jar from an earlier or later TestComplete version

TC Version: 14.0.317.7 x64, on Windows 10

1) How do I check which version of PatchServices.jar I have?  I can see the file in...

C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 14\Bin\Extensions\Android\PatchServices.jar

... but not sure how to access its version.

2) How do I upgrade PatchServices.jar on my workstation?

Could I just find this on SmartBear's site, and copy + replace into that directory?

AlexKaras
    4 years ago

Hi,

I am not sure about versions correspondence (just never checked it) but installation of TestComplete always contains correct version of PatchServices file and I don't think that manual replacement of the file is a good idea.

Just set up a process that your tested application must be re-instrumented after TestComplete update and you should be fine.

3 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

PatchServices.jar is installed along with TestComplete. You must re-instrument your tested application if you changed version of TestComplete (upgrade or downgrade) in order correct version of PatchServices.jar is used.

ackmondual
      Contributor

Does the version of PatchServices.jar correspond with the version of TestComplete we have?  Is there a way to independently change the version of PatchServices.jar, or is the only way to ensure the same version of that is to also be on the same version of TestComplete?

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

I am not sure about versions correspondence (just never checked it) but installation of TestComplete always contains correct version of PatchServices file and I don't think that manual replacement of the file is a good idea.

Just set up a process that your tested application must be re-instrumented after TestComplete update and you should be fine.