Forum Discussion

loricotton
Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Accessing a table within a table

I have a namemap of 

table.firstcell(1,1).table1.secondcell(1,1)

I want to use a project variable to access cells within the second table

When I set the project variable to to the rowindex of the cell  table.firstcell(var1,1)  it works.

If I set the second cell to    table.firstcell(1,1).table1.secondcell(var2,1)  it works.

If I try to do table.firstcell(var1,1).table1.secondcell(var2,1)  it does not find the first cell.

I have tried table.refresh and table.refershmapppingInfo

How can I access using variables multiple rowindexs of a table within a table?

• The example that I had provided shows you how to use project variables to select a cell in a table (within a table)

Again, without knowing how you have defined your name mappings, it will be difficult to answer your exact question

5 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Here, I'm showing the name mappings, project variables and code, to highlight the appropriate cell in the example I had given earlier.

loricotton
      Contributor
      i needed to access the next row of the table with a new project variable +.
      thanks
      Lori
      CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This Electronic Mail (e-mail) message may contain information and/or documentation that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law, and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply email or telephone, and delete this message, including any attachments. Thank you for your compliance. 135790
    rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Without knowing how you have defined your name mappings, it's a bit difficult to answer the question. An easier option, in my opinion, is to break the table down, where you can pass in the row and column values.

loricotton
      Contributor
      this is an existing application that has a table and a cell with a table
      table
            cell
                  table
                        cell
      table.cell.table2.cell2
      where the cell has a row and column
      changing the structure is not an option
      Lori
      CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This Electronic Mail (e-mail) message may contain information and/or documentation that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law, and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply email or telephone, and delete this message, including any attachments. Thank you for your compliance. 135790
    rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

The example that I had provided shows you how to use project variables to select a cell in a table (within a table)

Again, without knowing how you have defined your name mappings, it will be difficult to answer your exact question