Ask a Question

Virtual Server 500 error

SOLVED
Peter-Simpson
Occasional Contributor

Virtual Server 500 error

Hi,

We've successfully used the SwaggerHub virtual server for several years and at some point it has started returning 500 errors. I cannot find any indication of why this should be and I do not believe that I have changed anything.

Is there any way in which I can debug this further?

Many thanks, Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HKosova

Re: Virtual Server 500 error

Hi Peter,

The VirtServer issue should be fixed now. You may need to update the mock for the fix to take effect. To do that, either save your API again or trigger the mock manually from the Integrations list in the API info dropdown.

Helen Kosova
SmartBear Documentation Team Lead

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
joejoyce
Staff

Hey @Peter-Simpson, thanks for getting in touch. I have two quick questions to help us figure out what the issue is here:

Is there a port number in the URL for the server?

Have any SSL certificates been changed recently?

Thanks!

Peter-Simpson
Occasional Contributor

Hi Joe,

There isn't a port number and I didn't know that we were able to change certificates so those haven't been changed, at least knowingly. 😁

Thanks Peter
⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
Peter-Simpson
Occasional Contributor

Hi Joe,

The server section is copied below, here a curl example that shows the issue:

curl -X GET "https://virtserver.swaggerhub.com/ASCOMInitiative/api/v1/telescope/0/description?ClientID=1&ClientTr..." -H "accept: application/json" --verbose

Best wishes, Peter

openapi: 3.0.2
servers:
- description: Within the "Try it out" URLs, the device URL root is the trailing slash in "/ASCOMInitiative/".
url: https://virtserver.swaggerhub.com/ASCOMInitiative/api/v1

HKosova

Hi Peter,

This issue (internal ID: SWG-2419) affects paths that have path parameters with an underscore in the name.
To track the issue status, you can open a support ticket and reference this thread and the issue ID.

Helen Kosova

Thanks Helen, I've submitted ticked # 00478409

Best wishes, Peter

HKosova

Hi Peter,

The VirtServer issue should be fixed now. You may need to update the mock for the fix to take effect. To do that, either save your API again or trigger the mock manually from the Integrations list in the API info dropdown.

Helen Kosova

View solution in original post

Peter-Simpson
Occasional Contributor

Hi Helen,

Many thanks, the issue is now resolved.

Best wishes, Peter

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for