Forum Discussion

cperrot
New Contributor
8 years ago

rest response accept application/json could be changed to in the ui back in older versions of soapui

I would like to change the response type between application/json and application/xml. back in the days of older soapui versions this was still possible since about 3 version this feature has disappeard.

Content-type can still be changed but the response-type cannot be changed.

Is this still possible and how?

This feature was especially useful when testing REST services which

@Produces({MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON, MediaType.APPLICATION_XML})

Regards

Cedric

2 Replies

PaulMS
    Super Contributor

You can change the response message view to XML or JSON.

https://www.soapui.org/rest-testing/working-with-rest-requests.html

Response Message Views

The response editor contains several views for visualizing different types of responses;
    •XML: shows the current response in XML format. SoapUI will attempt to convert HTML responses to XML so they can be used in property transfers and scripts just like any other response messages in your functional tests.

•JSON: shows a nicely-formatted rendering of the returned JSON response (if applicable):

cperrot
      New Contributor

this is not what I need. I need to be able to manipulate the response content type. In older editor you could define what kind of response type you wanted to have.

Issueing an REST request with json payload hence content type application/json and receive ACCEPT content-type application/xml

Cedric