Forum Discussion

tjay
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

java.lang.Exception: Failed to load url

I have just installed SoapUI 5.2.0 on Windows.

Regardless of what wsdl file I put in I get the following kind of error:

Error loading [http://www.restfulwebservices.net/wcf/StockQuoteService.svc?wsdl]: java.lang.Exception: Failed to load url; http://www.restfulwebservices.net/wcf/StockQuoteService.svc?wsdl, 0

I don't know if this is significant, but when I start SoapUI the space titled "SoapUI Starter Page" says

The page could not be loaded.

error log returned this:

Thu Aug 13 10:45:04 CDT 2015:ERROR:com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.InvalidDefinitionException   
     com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.InvalidDefinitionException
       at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.wsdl.WsdlLoader.makeInvalidDefinitionException(WsdlLoader.java:119)
       at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.wsdl.WsdlLoader.loadXmlObject(WsdlLoader.java:112)
       at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.xsd.SchemaUtils.getDefinitionParts(SchemaUtils.java:488)
       at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.xsd.SchemaUtils.getDefinitionParts(SchemaUtils.java:477)
       at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.AbstractDefinitionCache.update(AbstractDefinitionCache.java:94)
       at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.AbstractDefinitionContext$Loader.construct(AbstractDefinitionContext.java:209)
       at com.eviware.soapui.support.swing.SwingWorkerDelegator.construct(SwingWorkerDelegator.java:46)
       at com.eviware.soapui.support.swing.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:131)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Would appreciate some help here. Thanks.

tjay

9 Replies

rupert_anderson
    Valued Contributor

Hi,

It sounds as though your SoapUI cannot see the internet. I am guessing this because the starter page is effectively a browser that loads some web based content and when a WSDL wont load due to problems resolving network/web based dependencies, this often means that SoapUI cannot see the internet.

Common causes for this are:

• Needing to configure proxy settings (in SoapUI preferences > Proxy Settings).
    • Needing to allow SoapUI access in firewall settings. 

Whilst the internet isn;t strictly required to use SoapUI for testing local web services etc, it would affect the two things you listed.

Cheers,

Rupert

tjay
      Occasional Contributor

Rupert,

Thanks for your reply. I am going to see what I can do to apply your suggestions.

It may be of interest that I have installed SoapUI on an Apache server -- which is my development machine for http://localhost development. Don't know if this is significant.

Also - I think that I posted the additional info about the error log while you were also responding. So this might also be significant. Sorry for not posting that info before you responded.

Thanks,

tjay