Forum Discussion

kbertran99
New Contributor
3 years ago

external libraries management issue

Hi, i am currently using soapUI 5.6.0. Last week I upgraded throught 5.7.0 and I noticed a regression regarding the external librairies management (i was facing to an error message like "could not initialize class ..."). I could reproduce this issue with soapUI 5.6.1 version.

So, I rollback to the previous version soapUI (5.6.0), and my soapUI project can initialise class coming from external library (located in {soapUI directory}/bin/ext).
Please, is it possible to confirm this issue and fix it?

Best regards,

Karl

3 Replies

krsfst
    Frequent Visitor

I just upgraded from 5.6.0 to 5.7.0

I experience the same problem kbertran99 reports.

The jarfile in question has been copied into c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.7.0\bin\ext\

Groovy in SoapUI says: "unable to resolve class packagename.classname"

The classfiles within the jar were compiled using groovyc 3.0.8, the jarfile was created using JDK 1.8.0_211

KarelHusa
    Champion Level 3

Hi kbertran99 ,

can you please decribe the issue in more detail?

I use SoapUI 5.7.0 and custom jars within bin/ext directory and they seem to work fine.

In the log file all of the libraries are succesfully added, e.g.:

INFO:Adding [C:\Program Files\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.7.0\bin\ext\soapui-libs-1.6.5.jar] to extensions classpath

There are no "could not initialize class ..." errors in the log file (as were in the past). 

Best regards,

Karel

kbertran99
      New Contributor

Thanks for your feedback KarelHusa,

As reported by krsfst, my jarfiles are not located into "C:\Program Files\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.7.0\bin\ext\" folder, but into "c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.7.0\bin\ext\".

My Operating System is : "Windows 10 Pro" (version 21H2, build 19044.1466)

Best regards,

Karl