Forum Discussion

deisenbe
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

What chnages when an endpoint url changes ?

Thought I'd ask here because I SoapUI worked, and I cant fnid a clue elsewhere.
I created a very simple test app as part of my effort to create a client service.
I got both working with a test URL provided to us by an author of a webservice my
software interacts with.

We went through some qualification testing and they blessed our code and then gave
us the live production URL.

I just wanted to make sure we could use my simple test app to communicate with their
production URL.  My test app just sends a Ping command (it's one of 4 services their
WSDL makes available).  It worked fine with their test URL.  I change the endpoint URL
frmo the test URL to the pruction URL, and I get

Ping Error:  System.ServiceModel.FaultException: Internal Error

(I'll hopefully include the full error information below).  I then run SoapUI 5.0.0
and the only thing I change is the endpoint URL for the Ping request.   It worked
the first time - no problems.

So, it seems SoapUI must be doing something behind the scene that my code is not
doing.  I am not really sure what the problem is, so I don't know what to change.

Ping Error:  System.ServiceModel.FaultException: Internal Error

Server stack trace:
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at MISoapTestApp.MiDotWebServices.BulkFileWebService.Ping(PingRequest request)
   at MISoapTestApp.MiDotWebServices.BulkFileWebServiceClient.MISoapTestApp.MiDotWebServices.BulkFileWebService.Ping(PingRequest request) in c:\fes\ens_fes\FileExchangeService-2011\Plugins\MiDotSoap\MISoapTestApp\MISoapTestApp\Service References\MiDotWebServices\Reference.cs:line 1563
   at MISoapTestApp.MiDotWebServices.BulkFileWebServiceClient.Ping(StateHeaderType StateHeader, Ping Ping1) in c:\fes\ens_fes\FileExchangeService-2011\Plugins\MiDotSoap\MISoapTestApp\MISoapTestApp\Service References\MiDotWebServices\Reference.cs:line 1570
   at MISoapTestApp.Form1.PingButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\fes\ens_fes\FileExchangeService-2011\Plugins\MiDotSoap\MISoapTestApp\MISoapTestApp\Form1.cs:line 124

2 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    I believe that it is just simply hitting another target, isn't it?
      deisenbe
      Occasional Contributor

I would guess apparently not.   All I did in SoapUI is change a URL.   All I did in my software was change a URL.

One works.  One does not.