Forum Discussion

Dominique
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

Test Request responses different for TestCase and TestSuite test executions

Good afternoon,
My test list consists of some testSuites, in which there are some testCases, most of them containing one testRequest.

As such, there are two ways to launch tests:
- Individually (Launch either testCase or testRequest)
- In serie (Launch testSuite)

Now it seems that for some testCases, the received response is different when run individually or in serie, although the application that sends the result behaves in the same way (application traces are identical).

( The http logs that I added previously now seem irrelevant)

It seems that the tests in serie are sent in another way than the tests that are sent individually.

How can I prevent this and be sure that all tests are executed in the same way?
Thanks
Dominique

1 Reply

Dominique
    Occasional Contributor
    In the meanwhile, I have again some more information.

It seems that my application gives two SOAP responses instead of one, so what happens is the following:
    1. First request sent
    2. First answer on first request received
    3. Second request sent
    4. Second answer on first request received AND this answer is regarded as being the answer on the second request
    => causing the issue.
    Remark: the answer on the second request is sent by my application but is discarded and does not even reach my PC.

This behaviour is seen using SoapUI, and also using JMeter.

Does this mean that it is a general problem that can happen on a commercial problem (based on C++ technology), or does this mean that SoapUI as well as JMeter use the same Java library that is not strong enough to detect which SOAP response refers to which SOAP request?

Thanks
    Dominique