Forum Discussion

anbeek
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

Soapui can't handle large json responses

Making a httprequest to a restservice from soapui.

Answer from this service gives back about 20Mb of data.

With header Accept:application/xml in request, everything works fine - I get my large xml.

With header Accept:application/json in request, it fails.

I can se in the 'http log' that I get the json-result, but i never gets displayed in the response-json view.

If I cancel the request an then close all soapui-projects, Soapui will still run with 15-20 percent cpu-load.

If I look in 'memory log' I can se that soapui allokates/deallocates (large) portions of memory continously.

To me this seems to be some kind of gui-problem (since I got the respone).

Tested with both soapui 5.1.3 and 5.2.0

This test is critical for upcoming release, so I will have to change to working a tool, probably JMeter.

Hope it will be fixed since soapui is easier to work with.

Regards

/Anders :)

1 Reply

anbeek
    Occasional Contributor

Tried to run the project from cmd with testrunner.

This also hangs, so maybe not a gui problem.

From output from this run you can see that second call gets the answer, but never enter assertion phase.

---- output ----------------

2:41:18,186 INFO [SoapUITestCaseRunner] running step [List interactions - xml]
    12:41:18,592 DEBUG [HttpClientSupport$SoapUIHttpClient] Attempt 1 to execute request
    12:41:18,592 DEBUG [SoapUIMultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager$SoapUIDefaultClientConnection] Sending request: GET /api/interactions HTTP/1.1
    12:41:19,515 DEBUG [SoapUIMultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager$SoapUIDefaultClientConnection] Receiving response: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    12:41:19,518 DEBUG [HttpClientSupport$SoapUIHttpClient] Connection can be kept alive indefinitely
    12:41:25,711 INFO [SoapUITestCaseRunner] Assertion [HTTP 200] has status VALID
    12:41:25,711 INFO [SoapUITestCaseRunner] Assertion [Contains xml schema] has status VALID

//------ second call asking for same data but in json format

12:41:25,711 INFO [SoapUITestCaseRunner] running step [List interactions - json]
    12:41:25,714 DEBUG [HttpClientSupport$SoapUIHttpClient] Stale connection check
    12:41:25,715 DEBUG [HttpClientSupport$SoapUIHttpClient] Attempt 1 to execute request
    12:41:25,715 DEBUG [SoapUIMultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager$SoapUIDefaultClientConnection] Sending request: GET /api/interactions HTTP/1.1
    12:41:26,908 DEBUG [SoapUIMultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager$SoapUIDefaultClientConnection] Receiving response: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    12:41:26,908 DEBUG [HttpClientSupport$SoapUIHttpClient] Connection can be kept alive indefinitely
    12:42:02,175 DEBUG [SoapUIMultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager$SoapUIDefaultClientConnection] Connection closed

// -------After this it just hangs the testrunner never completes