Forum Discussion

timaharrison
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago

SoapUI with Java 11 won't start

My company has identified the bundled Java version with the latest SoapUI version 5.7.0 as a Sunset application, meaning that for compliance the java and javac executables need to be removed.  So I'm trying to configure SoapUI to use system installed Java 11 instead.  our framework runs SoapUI via runs TestRunner.bat from the bin folder

To simulate no bundled JRE, I've renamed the jre folder within soapui to "jre_deleted" temporarily

I've set JAVA_HOME environment variable to "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-ll as that is the path showing my my system

I've put in a pause in TestRunner.bat, and get the message below displayed, which is a bit odd with the wrapping:

Error: Could not find or load main class Files\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.7.0\bin\ext -Dsoapui.ext.listeners=C:\Program
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Files\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.7.0\bin\ext -Dsoapui.ext.listeners=C:\Program

I've also tried setting the SOAPUI_HOME environment variable

if anyone has successfully pointed their SoapUI opensource at java 11, especially with TestRunner.bat usage, I'd be grateful to hear what, if any, changes were made to TestRunner.bat, Environment Variables, and anything else

Thanks

No RepliesBe the first to reply