Ask a Question

SOAP UI 5.0 DPIAware

Not applicable

SOAP UI 5.0 DPIAware

when I start Soap UI 5.0 under win 8.1 with my 3200*1600 Notebook, Soap UI seems to wrongly declares to be DPI aware, and displays too small on my high DPI screen.

when I configure Soap UI in Win 8.1 to run with "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" then some parts of SoapUI are looking even bigger.

Therefore I asume, that SoapUI pretends to be DPIAware, but does not really scane up itself.

Does anyone have an idea? I was wondering why nobody have the same issue with SoapUI.
New Contributor

I have exactily the same issue on windows 8.1 with SOAPUI 5.1.2.

Are you getting this in Ready! API as well?



Product Guy for Ready! API, SoapUI and all things API
Occasional Visitor

I also do have the same issue with SoapUI 5.1.2

I do not use Ready ! API so I can't tell you about it.


I hope you can save our eyes 🙂

New Contributor



I have exactily the same issue on windows 8.1 with SOAPUI 5.2.1

Occasional Visitor

It's same for me, Windows 10x64, 3200x1800 (15 inches) monitor, SoapUI 5.2.1

when application starts, I see SoapUI logo, and logo looks scaled well, but as soon as actual application starts, it's very small, unreadable.


I got scaling issues as well. It's very very small. Basically unreadable.


Windows 10x64

3840 x 2160 (15 inch)

SoapUI 5.2.1

New Contributor

Hi guys


I was also bothered with high dpi issues with my UHD laptop on Windows 8.1 but found a solution ( tested on eclipse and soapui but probably also with all exe).


First add a registry key (long time since i haven't launched regedit lol)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\PreferExternalManifest (DWORD) to 1
Then add a manifest file next to your exe
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0" xmlns:asmv3="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">
    <trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2">
                <requestedExecutionLevel xmlns:ms_asmv3="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3"
        <asmv3:windowsSettings xmlns="">
            <ms_windowsSettings:dpiAware xmlns:ms_windowsSettings="">false</ms_windowsSettings:dpiAware>
Hope that helps, it changed my life 😉

I can confirm this issue remains in both SoapUI and Ready! API under Windows 10 x64 on a HiDPI laptop (3200x1800 - Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro).

I tried your fix to no avail, yet I do want to ask you a question for clarification.  You state to create a new key. Are you saying create the KEY PreferExternalManifest, did you mean create a DWORD of that name and if not what is the name of your DWORD.


The manifest that you created is there any modifications required or is that file generic enough to be used anywhere.





Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: