Forum Discussion

bojasna
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Running a test step in another project from a mockservice

Hi,

I have two projects, one is a mockservice where I extract a value from the request, save it as a global property and then I use it in another project which is a regular one where I have a test suite with one one step.

However, I need to execute this step manually since I see that in the scripts part in the mockservice the TestRunner property is not available( I read that this one is used for running test cases from other projects but works only from a groovy script). Is there a way that I can execute this step in the other project automatically after receiving the request in the mockservice?

Thanks,

Bojana

Thanks,

Bojana

4 Replies

bojasna
      Occasional Contributor

Hi richie 

Thanks a lot for the tip since I read something under number 4 on the link you pasted that might help me with what I want to achieve. Do you have suggestions for the title since I honestly don't know how to make it 'more searchable'.

Cheers,

Bojana

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Not sure I understand this clear.

Is the project with mock service using the same service definition as 2nd project?
    Thumb rule is to have each and every test case independent. No dependency between tests, forget about project dependency, IMO.
      bojasna
      Occasional Contributor

Hi nmrao 

Yeah the second step is part of a different service definition. I understand your recommendation but I'd still like to know if someone had an issue like mine what they did.

Cheers,

Bojana