Forum Discussion

Arah
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago

Running Another TestCases, looping through Properties (getValues &SetValues) - Groovy Script

Hello,

how can I get all of the properties (it shouldn’t matter if there are only 2 or 100 on the list) with values from TestStep “LIST” from TestCase S_TC_Addition and set them on the TestStep “LIST” in TestCase M_TC_Add, and then, get all properties and values from TestStep “EXIT” in TestCase M_TC_Add and set them on the TestStep “EXIT” in TestCase S_TC_Addition, in groovy script (in this case EXECUTION_Addition)?

At the moment I have this (which only gets and sets properties that I've manually indicated "FirstValue", "SecondValue"):

import com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.*
import com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.*
import com.eviware.soapui.model.testsuite.*

//Locating TestCase in different project
def projectName = testRunner.testCase.getTestStepByName("TRACING_TC_Addition").getPropertyValue("PROJECT_NAME")
def testSuitetName = testRunner.testCase.getTestStepByName("TRACING_TC_Addition").getPropertyValue("TEST_SUITE_NAME")
def testCaseName = testRunner.testCase.getTestStepByName("TRACING_TC_Addition").getPropertyValue("TEST_CASE_NAME")

//Getting only two properties from the "LIST" TestStep in S_TC_Addition TestCase
def firstNumber = testRunner.testCase.getTestStepByName("LIST").getPropertyValue("FirstValue")
def secondNumber = testRunner.testCase.getTestStepByName("LIST").getPropertyValue("SecondValue");

//Setting only two properties on the "LIST" TestStep in M_TC_Add TestCase
def passFirst = testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.workspace.getProjectByName(projectName).getTestSuiteByName(testSuitetName).getTestCaseByName(testCaseName).getTestStepByName("LIST").setPropertyValue("FirstValue", firstNumber);
def passSecond = testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.workspace.getProjectByName(projectName).getTestSuiteByName(testSuitetName).getTestCaseByName(testCaseName).getTestStepByName("LIST").setPropertyValue("SecondValue", secondNumber);

//Running TestCase in different project
testCaseToRun = testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.workspace.getProjectByName(projectName).testSuites[testSuitetName].testCases[testCaseName]
testCaseToRun.run(null,false)

//Getting one property from the "EXIT" TestStep in M_TC_Add TestCase
def getAdditionResult = testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.workspace.getProjectByName(projectName).getTestSuiteByName(testSuitetName).getTestCaseByName(testCaseName).getTestStepByName("EXIT").getPropertyValue("additionResult");

//Setting only one property on the "EXIT" TestStep in S_TC_Addition TestCase
testRunner.testCase.testSteps["EXIT"].setPropertyValue( "additionResult", getAdditionResult);

2 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

Confusing description. Even diagram shows the unending loop.

Suggestions:

- Every test case should be independent. However, you have dependency between projects. Redesign your tests.

- By the way, please avoid using "workspace" which will limit your automation as testrunner does not understand workspace.

Arah
      Occasional Contributor

Hey,

about the independency of every TestCase, at work we use that kind of thing, so i was trying to recreate it (I do not have access to script that does this and all other things)

this is what I wanted to achieve

//Get all properties from current TestCase's TestStep "LIST" and transfer them to indicated TestCase in code above, and set them in TestStep "LIST"
      def ListProperties = testRunner.testCase.getTestStepByName("LIST").getPropertyList()
      ListProperties.each{ lp->
          passPropertiesToList = testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.workspace.getProjectByName(projectName).getTestSuiteByName(testSuitetName).getTestCaseByName(testCaseName).getTestStepByName("LIST").setPropertyValue("${lp.getName()}", "${lp.getValue()}");
      }

//Get all properties from current TestCase and transfer them to indicated TestCase in code above
      def exitProperties = testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.workspace.getProjectByName(projectName).getTestSuiteByName(testSuitetName).getTestCaseByName(testCaseName).getTestStepByName("EXIT").getPropertyList()
      exitProperties.each{ ep->
          passPropertiesToExit =  testRunner.testCase.testSteps["EXIT"].setPropertyValue("${ep.getName()}", "${ep.getValue()}");
      }

Is there other way to run differentTestCase, than using .workspace?