Forum Discussion

udhayakarthick
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Migration from SOAPUI Pro(ReadyAPI) to SOAPUI free tool is not working

We had used ReadyAPI to automate our SOAP/REST API Tests for few years. The tool has been installed in a build machine say Machine A. Now we have decided not to renew the license of the tool and we have exported the project(xml). The same was imported in freshly installed SOAPUI 5.5.0 free tool in Machine B and it is working fine. But when I removed the ReadyAPI in the Machine A and installed SOAPUI free tool, I'm not able to import my project. Importing project in workspace is grayed out and when right-clicking It is showing only reload and Remove option. Reloading is not helping too. Refer the attached screenshot.

Please suggest workaround to make soapui free tool import my existing project in the same machine where ReadyAPI was installed earlier.

P.S I have done a clean uninstall by the steps given by Smartbear (deleted default-soapui-workspace.xml, soapui-settings.xml and .soapui folder)

• Could you try exporting the project from SoapUI Free on Machine B, and then importing it to SoapUI Free on Machine A?

Sorry, somehow I didn't see the last replies in this thread.

7 Replies

Etks
    Occasional Contributor

Could you try exporting the project from SoapUI Free on Machine B, and then importing it to SoapUI Free on Machine A?

Sorry, somehow I didn't see the last replies in this thread.

• udhayakarthick :

Open you xml file with notepad or notepad++ and check what it contains.

If it contains NULL NULL then your XML got corrupted and you need to copy it from Machine B if it contains your project data then you need to dig in why this is happening.

udhayakarthick
      New Contributor

HimanshuTayal 

The XML is not corrupted because I'm able to open and run the same project file in SOAPUI free version in a different machine. My issue is same xml file is working in a machine where SOAPUI free version is freshly installed and not working in SOAPUI free version where it was installed by uninstalling ReadyAPI (licenced version).

HimanshuTayal
        Community Hero

udhayakarthick :

Have you check your project XML file by opening it in notepad or notepad++ hope you will find the solution there.