Forum Discussion

Akarui_Tomodach
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

Load test: SoapUI Pro vs. HP Load Runner

I am currently working on a project where we have to stress a newly developed Web Service (WS).
We have HP (formerly Mercury) Load Runner and some one in the past did some load testing for the WS.

However, as I like SoapUI Pro (version 2.5 we are using), I have to justify the management to use SoapUI for this particular project. Please help me to understand more about the load testing capability of SoapUI.

1) What is the difference between "multi thread" and "multiple virtual user" ? In SoapUI, we could select the "multiple thread" (in load testing), but can't create runtime "multiple virtual user" as does by HP Load Runner.

2) Is there any way in SoapUI Pro (during load test) the response delay could be measured ? In HP Load Runner, the response time is generated in all test report.

3) In SoapUI, as far as I know, all SOAP requests are generated and sent sequentially one-by-one and the WS processes that request in the chronological order of arrival (FIFO queue) <-- is this statement true ?