Forum Discussion

Arun05
New Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

JDBC connectivity to SQL Azure using SoapUI Basic.

Hi ,

This is regarding JDBC connectivity to SQL Azure using SoapUI Basic. I was referring to Azure site to get the relevant driver and connection string. (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/sql-database-develop-java-simple-windows/) .

I downloaded SQLJDBC driver (version4.2) and added its jar to ext folder of SoapUI . For my SoapUI project i added a JDBC step with driver (com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver) and connection string (jdbc:sqlserver://<myServer>.database.windows.net:1433;database=<mydatabase>;user=<myusername>;password=<mypassword>;encrypt=true;hostNameInCertificate=*.database.windows.net;loginTimeout=30; ).

My machine's port 1433 is open to make such communication. I am able to make connection through my eclipse editor using same string but this is not working through my SoapUI JDBC step or script step . I am neither able to see any error or logs for this , neither able to track any such TCP message sent through my machine.

Can you please suggest if I am missing out anything here.

Thanks,
Arun

• OK.. So I was able to figure out what happened here.

While running through suite level i got this error-

TestCase failed [java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/microsoft/sqlserver/jdbc/SQLServerDriver : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0:java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/microsoft/sqlserver/jdbc/SQLServerDriver : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0], time taken = 0

So, I used an older version of SoapUI 5.1.3 instead of 5.2.0 , along with JDBC driver of version 4.1 instead of 4.2 and it worked :)

Thanks,

Arun

1 Reply

Arun05
    New Contributor

OK.. So I was able to figure out what happened here.

While running through suite level i got this error-

TestCase failed [java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/microsoft/sqlserver/jdbc/SQLServerDriver : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0:java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/microsoft/sqlserver/jdbc/SQLServerDriver : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0], time taken = 0

So, I used an older version of SoapUI 5.1.3 instead of 5.2.0 , along with JDBC driver of version 4.1 instead of 4.2 and it worked :)

Thanks,

Arun