Forum Discussion

indraniria
Contributor
2 years ago

In SoapUI(Free) can we convert a project to composite project structure?

In Readyapi, there is an option under properties , to convert a project to composite project. But in SoapUI free version , I am not finding that option.

Is it possible to execute a soapui project in Readyapi (installed in remote server) in pipeline?

I am getting error as The project is not a valid composite project

Or how we could do it?

3 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

Couple things:

1. why do you need to convert the project into composite project?

2. when the project is built in soapUI free version, the same can be used to execute it. Of course, ReadyAPI should be able to execute it too.

3. note that once the project is opened in the ReadyAPI, it may or may not be compatible again to execute SoapUI

4. ReadyAPI can absolutely execute both the simple and composite projects. Need not all the projects be composite.

indraniria
      Contributor
      Below is my scenario.
      Couple of developers will create soapui project and commit to git(a xml is committed here)
      Now using azure devops pipeline , we have to execute the project in readyapi which is installed in remote server.
      This pipeline requires project in composite project structure.
      Is there any solution to this situation?
    nmrao
    Champion Level 3

No voice in Azure pipelines. You may see if it is possible to update the existing pipeline to be able to deal with both composite and non composite projects.