Forum Discussion

Indeewarieb
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

How to get xml tab panel in the request in ReadyAPI

Hi there I need to open xml tab panel view for request in soap ui as discussed in https://www.soapui.org/docs/soap-and-wsdl/attachments/.  There it mentioned that there we can use xml tab to set part parameter of attachments but not included how to get xml tab. Any help is highly appreciated. 

Indeewarieb
    3 years ago

The xml tag panel view is available only for SOAP request. It is not available for REST requests. 

6 Replies

richie
    Community Hero

Hi Indeewarieb 

the XML tab should be auto generated by default - you should have access to the XML tab immediately without enabling anything at all.

if you could provide screenshots of what your view is when attempting to access the form within SoapUI - then we should be able to sort you out straight away

Cheers,

Rich

Indeewarieb
      Occasional Contributor
      Hi Richie,

Thank you very much regarding your concern about the issue and I'm happy to
      provide screenshot of my view. Please find the attached screenshot herewith
      related to the issue.

Kind regards,
      Indeewarie
        richie
        Community Hero

Hey Indeewarieb 

Did you attach anything?  I cant see any attachments or embedded files.

ta

Rich

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey Indeewarieb

Apologies i wasnt reading your post correctly. I thought you were talking about the response xml tab. Not the request one.

Yeah there is no xml tab at all on the request excepting for SOAP (cos SOAP can ONLY be xml) The field in which you populate a payload (of any type)for REST for the requests is the editable field immediately below the MediaType dropdown.

Apologies. I wasnt paying attention so my information wasnt helpful!

Rich