Forum Discussion

Apoorva6
Frequent Contributor
8 years ago

How to get request and response for soap jdbc step?

I see soap jdbc request and response is not written to the text file using testrunner on Linux. Is there any settings needed to get it done? I see only header with timestamp written to text file. What can be done if I need complete jdbc request/ response to be written to same text file?

9 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

Do you mean to say that works in Windows?

I believe that it does not depend on os platfrom, instead it saves request and response for failed steps alone, may be to save some disc space?

Note that the above is just general observation and not specially for jdbc step.

Apoorva6
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Rao, no it won't work in windows either. Normal HTTP request and response are getting printed to result text file but not jdbc request and response.
      nmrao
      Champion Level 3
      But, writing request response to text file is only on failure right? Is the same case with jdbc step as well?
        Apoorva6
        Frequent Contributor

No Rao,

I am using testrunner.sh -f -a -r /pathfor results /project.xml  and my project.xml has some jdbc steps and I am not getting any request/response printed in the result file. However there is no problem with xml step where both request and response are printed.