Forum Discussion

ElvisATX
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

How to add realm key to Authorization header

I am trying to add the realm key to the Authorization header.

Authorization: OAuth realm="3756461_SB1",oauth_consumer_key="abcdefg",oauth_token="hijklmn",oauth_signature_method="HMAC-SHA1",oauth_timestamp="1594934754",oauth_nonce="KA5LacXTM3R",oauth_version="1.0",oauth_signature="x0ca%2F5rYCIk0vJYb3QH1ulEyQyE%3D"

I don't see a way to do this in the "Authenthentication and Security related settings" section of UI.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

richie
    4 years ago
    Hey ElvisATX,

yeah i wouldn't expect your nonce or signature parm values to be static. I assumed you'd need a bit of groovy to extract (nonce) and generate (signature) values

Ta

Rich

5 Replies

ElvisATX
      New Contributor

Hi, Yes I already clicked on that tab but there is no option add the "Realm" key.  It only allows adding:

• Access Token
      • Token Secret
      • Consumer Key
      • Comsumer Secret

Thanks

richie
        Community Hero
        Hi ElvisATX,

I dont know whether this can help, but i am aware you could manually add in an Authorization header and hard code parameters labels and use property expansions to generate the values.
        If you did this you wouldn't use the auth tab or the authorisation/authentication functionality, but the approach i'm suggesting would enable you to configure exactly the parms/parm values you have in your Authorization header. I've actually done this before to get around something similar so i know it works.

Nice one

Rich