Forum Discussion

meghana_pandu
New Contributor
3 years ago

Groovy script to read data from data source logs and put it into a manual test script

I have a test suite, where I use data-source to read some data from excel sheets in form of queries.

I want the output (the data log) to be placed into the 'Manual' test step.

Can someone help me do this? 

3 Replies

KarelHusa
    Champion Level 3

meghana_pandu ,

where do you need to place the text, in the Expected Result within Manual TestStep?

If so, you can simply use a Property Transfer and use Manual TestStep / Expected Result as a target.

Best regards,

Karel

meghana_pandu
      New Contributor

I have tried this, but it doesn't work, rather transfers null, as you can see in the image (excuse for redacted image). 

Also, data exists in Insert* column from which I'm trying to transfer data to Delete Script.

KarelHusa
        Champion Level 3

meghana_pandu ,

I assume there might be an issue in the source of the transfer, I would recommend to double-check.

In SoapUI 5.7.0 the transfer into Manual TestStep works fine, see picture bellow:

You can also use the Groovy way:

context.testCase.getTestStepByName("ManualStepFilledByGroovy").setPropertyValue("ExpectedResult", "MyValue")
        log.info context.testCase.getTestStepByName("ManualStepFilledByGroovy").getPropertyValue("ExpectedResult")

Both are working fine in SoapUI 5.7.0. I can see you are using ReadyAPI.

Best regards,

Karel