Forum Discussion

StefanEHaas
New Contributor
3 years ago

Empty raw request on SoapUI 5.6.0 REST calls

My colleague is testing our REST services with postman but I rather wanted to go ahead with SoapUI as I have all my WSDL tests in here. So I created a new REST method from URI but no matter what I click or do the "raw" tab on the request is alway empty (<missing raw request data>) and the call does not seem to work at all. If I use other tools the exact same data (URI, parameters, ...) works fine.

4 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey StefanEHaas,

Theres an issue with what youve setup in soapui.
    Postman is good inasmuch that it abstracts out a lot of the hassles, but doing anything even remotely difficult shows you how clunky postman really is.

If thetes no data in your RAW tab, then you have something fundamentally wrong with your soapui setup cos either your request isnt reaching your endpoint or your request is so different to what your endpoint is expecting its not even responding with anything.

What does it say in the soapui logging?

If i were you id double check my http/https settings, ensure im hitting the correct domain and ensure the requests URI is correct. The other sorts of issues(auth, wellformed check, validation, incorrect method used) would all return a response from your endpoint.

Oh....make sure you havent got the proxy settings enabled in soapui (ive noticed my proxy enables automatically sometimes)

Cheers,

Rich
      StefanEHaas
      New Contributor

Thanks for the reply ... quite generic though.

I did a complete re-install of a freshly downloaded version 5.6.0_x64 and created a new REST project from the REST URL and added a parameter but still no raw input is visible. What am I missing here (no proxy used/configued)

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Did you check the logs? service host/port/endpoint reachable ?
      StefanEHaas
      New Contributor

The empt raw message is already displayed before I start a request and in none of the logs is a special hint on why the the raw request ist empty (even after re-install 5.6.0_x64 and re-setup of request). The request itself is also not sent off (because of this). If I use another tool to issue the request everything works fine - just SoapUI has this problem.