Ask a Question

Best way to clone a project

SOLVED
Mis3
Frequent Contributor

Best way to clone a project

I have a working SOAPUI project; let's call it project-A.   There are changes in the far-end server which require extensive changes in the soap requests.  

I like to clone project-A, calls it project-A-new.  Project-A-new will contains all the  API in project-A so I can make the changes and test in project-A-new.

I noticed that when I right-clicked the project-A, there is no option to clone the project.  

I tried.  I imported project-A again and renamed it to project-A-new.  When I saved it, project-A would change to project-A-new as well.  I ended up with 2 project-A-new.   This is not what I want.

What is the best way to clone the whole project?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
richie
Community Hero

Re: Best way to clone a project

Hey @Mis3,

The way i do this is to "save as" 'project A', calling it 'project A new'.

I then "save as" 'project A' again, but this time i save as the original filename as 'project A' (so i'm essentialluly renaming/overwriting 'project A' again.)

I then import project, and import the 'project A new' file.

The 'project A new' appears in my project list and i then rename the project to 'project A new'.

Thats it. I then have 2 duplicate projects in my navigator frame. One entitled 'project A' and one entitled 'project A new'

Cheers,

Rich
if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
richie
Community Hero

Hey @Mis3,

The way i do this is to "save as" 'project A', calling it 'project A new'.

I then "save as" 'project A' again, but this time i save as the original filename as 'project A' (so i'm essentialluly renaming/overwriting 'project A' again.)

I then import project, and import the 'project A new' file.

The 'project A new' appears in my project list and i then rename the project to 'project A new'.

Thats it. I then have 2 duplicate projects in my navigator frame. One entitled 'project A' and one entitled 'project A new'

Cheers,

Rich
if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta

View solution in original post

Mis3
Frequent Contributor

I do not understand your  step 4, “The 'project A new' appears in my project list and i then rename the project to 'project A new'.”

If

Mis3
Frequent Contributor

I do not understand your  step 4, “The 'project A new' appears in my project list and i then rename the project to 'project A new'.”

If  project A new is the proJect name, why rename it?

Also, do I perform all these steps in SOAPUI interface?  (Not in SOAPUI-Projects folder in my laptop)?

Mis3
Frequent Contributor

Done and it worked. 
Thanks.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: