Forum Discussion

Aksingia
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Assertion and variable comparaison for a webservice

Hello,

I have a webservice which as //*:import_id_doc_stk in request part and has //*:export_id_doc_stk in response.
I won't explain the processing but I'd like to compare //*:import_id_doc_stk and //*:export_id_doc_stk in an assertion.

Is it possible? When I tried, it compared //*:export_id_doc_stk as if it is an actual string and not a variable.

Thank you for your help.

Edit: using a WSDL (calling mainframe) 

• The XPath Match assertion can compare a request field with a response field. Assuming the request and response belong to the same test step, and assuming there's just one element "import_id_doc_stk" in the request and one element "export_id_doc_stk" in the response, you can configure XPath Match as follows:

XPath Expression:

//*:export_id_doc_stk

Expected result:

${${=context.currentStep.label}#Request#//*:import_id_doc_stk}

or if #Request# does not work:

${${=context.currentStep.label}#RawRequest#//*:import_id_doc_stk} 

${...} forces the expressions to be evaluated rather than treated as literal strings.

8 Replies

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

The XPath Match assertion can compare a request field with a response field. Assuming the request and response belong to the same test step, and assuming there's just one element "import_id_doc_stk" in the request and one element "export_id_doc_stk" in the response, you can configure XPath Match as follows:

XPath Expression:

//*:export_id_doc_stk

Expected result:

${${=context.currentStep.label}#Request#//*:import_id_doc_stk}

or if #Request# does not work:

${${=context.currentStep.label}#RawRequest#//*:import_id_doc_stk} 

${...} forces the expressions to be evaluated rather than treated as literal strings.

Aksingia
      Occasional Contributor

Seems to be not far off

I tried (Créer Dossier = CurrentStep) :

${${=context.Créer Dossier.label}#Request#//*:import_id_doc_stk}

but it says the expected value is []. Obviously I check th contained value using a property transfer and it's actually filled with [mystring]

Do I have to modify context and label too?

HKosova
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

"context.currentStep.label" is a code expression that refers to the current step, there's no need to change anything there.

If you want to refer to a step by name (whether the current step or another one), use this syntax instead:

${Créer Dossier#Request#//*:import_id_doc_stk}