Forum Discussion

krenevla
Contributor
11 years ago

[Reg] icon color of "run testCase" based on execution status

Hello there,

is it possible to add add colors for "run testCase" step as we have for SOAP/JDBC calls?
If You modularize Your tests as much as I do then it's hard to notice where test failed. See attached picture

It would be good to have white, red and green icons for this step (and also for Groovy step, there is no "white" one)

5 Replies

• but this is not usable when you call module which call another module which (for example) checks status of something every second until loop limit is reached. Then there is lot of text in the log and it's pretty hard to find row where it failed. basically more you modularize, test log in gui is less usable :/
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion! I have created an change request (SOAP-422) on our issue internal tracking system.

Our UX engineer will have a look at this and probably come back to you with more information.

Regards,
    Shadid
    SmartBear Sweden
  • Hi,

did anyone from UX saw this issue? Because this is minor development and for pople who really modularize it's kind of must to have feature
    See picture bellow post - it's really hard to figure where test failed if it fails in module

Vladan

SmartBear_Suppo
    Hello,

Internal enhancement request SOAP-422 is currently assigned and open. I would suggest for now to use the test case log bottom tab to check which test step failed until this feature request gets implemented.

Regards,
    Marcus
    SmartBear Support
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi,

Yes, I understand it is more difficult to check results in that scenario. As I said, there is an internal enhancement request SOAP-422 open to address this issue.

Regards,
    Marcus
    SmartBear Support