automatoramit
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
New Idea

Collapse All and Expand All Feature

There should be Collapse All and Expand All functionality for Interfaces, Resources, Methods, Test Suites, Test Cases, etc. 

If user clicks "Expand All" in the top node of the tree, all levels should get opened. The same goes for 'Collapse All'. 

7 Comments

• Status changed:
    New Idea
    to
    Accepted for Discussion

Good suggestion, I would like to know if there are more users requesting this,

/Matti

heidi_n
    Regular Contributor

Multiple users at my company would love this option! Please let me know if you are going to implement it! :smileyvery-happy:

• Hmmm, yeah, maybe we could look at putting this in 5.3. 5.2 is too full already. (btw, you heard it here first, 5.2 is going to be very cool ;-) )

No promises yet! 

rupert_anderson
    Valued Contributor

Hi nmrao,

Different topic! But I think this feature request is also implemented? I check in versions 5.1.3, 5.2.1 and 5.3, the expand/collapse right click seems to be present.

If so, this feature request should also be marked as 'implemented'

Thanks,

Rupert

mtate
    New Contributor

Up one vote for TestComplete getting this feature!

TestComplete still doesn't seem to have this.  I came to log this as a feature request because:

• I use groups heavily in my tests
    • In the test editor, there are a ton of steps or calls to other tests, organized into groups.  By default, every step is expanded.  I would like to collapse all manually (or better yet additionally be able to set collapsed as default test state in Tools -> Options).
    • This type of feature would be handy for the left-hand Project [Suite] Explorer pane, since I have many projects in that pane.
    • I'm sure in the master test list and other places, this could be equally helpful.

This may seem unimportant, but accumulates a decent amount of time and effort through repetition throughout each day.

Thanks!