czyzyk29
Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

git integration

Hi,

I want to change SVN for Git.

Take information from https://github.com/SmartBear/ready-git-plugin/wiki

Unfortunately have probelem with pull changes with other user.

I have user1 and user2, the have the same repo -> update from repo.

Now user1 having changes and user2 having changes.

User1 finish his job and pull changes - everithing is ok.

Now user2 finish his job too and he want to pull changes and see window to merge conflicts. There are 2 options 'ours' or 'theirs' chanages.

When he choose ours - user2 changes stay and user1 changes lost

When he choose theirs - user2 changes lost and user1 changes stay.

I want to merge changes - plugin implementation do not support this, it give you only choise bettwen stay and lose changes.

Do you have any ideas for that?

• For merging conflicting changes you need to go to your local repo directory and do it manually with git commands.

We didn't add the merge support intentionally since project files are not very human readable and it will be hard to resolve such conflicts anyway.

Regards,

Shadid

4 Replies

• For merging conflicting changes you need to go to your local repo directory and do it manually with git commands.

We didn't add the merge support intentionally since project files are not very human readable and it will be hard to resolve such conflicts anyway.

Regards,

Shadid

czyzyk29
      Contributor

Ok, so it doesn't make any sence to use this plugin in composite project where you have 2 commiters.

So we stay with SVN

thx

Shadid
        Staff

If you have conflicting changes and you want to merge both changes then you have to do it manually regardless of tools, or whatever version control you use. Some tools will of course provide better visualization to help with the manual merge. But I don't think the number of committers has anything to do with it.

Regards,

Shadid