Forum Discussion

AnkurSharma
New Contributor
8 years ago

With the latest upgrade of ready API to 1.8.0, my previous xpaths do not work.

I was using the XML response of a JDBC request  as an input to another rest step using the 'Get data' option 

Previously it used to create an xpath like  ( '${Get some value#ResponseAsXml#//Results[1]/ResultSet[1]/Row[5]/COLUMN_ONE[1]}' )" (in version 1.7.0)

But now, it doesn't work.

If I change the casing of COLUMN_ONE to column_one in above xpath, it starts working otherwise it throws an error

{"message":"Unexpected character (',' (code 44)): expected a valid value (number, String, array, object, 'true', 'false' or 'null')\n at [Source: java.io.ByteArrayInputStream@54bd3f5b; line: 2, column: 19]"}

Please suggest a workaround, as i have lots of JDBC requests in my project and changing the letter cases in all xpath requests would be a huge pain.

5 Replies

• Hello,

There was a change in Ready API 1.7 maintenance and 1.8 to convert the column names to be the same casing as the table names for the JDBC request test step.  There is a defect open of SOAP-5974 to have option to have column names returned as UPPER CASE to keep the functionality working as previous for those that need it.  Will let you know when that defect is fixed.

Regards,

Marcus

SmartBear Support

AnkurSharma
      New Contributor

Thank you for quick response Marcus. Would really appreciate if this gets fixed sooner.

AnkurSharma
      New Contributor

Hi Tanya,

I've gone through the write-up before i posted my question. I actually wanted something more specific to my problem so thought of creating a different thread.

But thanks for directing me to it. I appreciate your concern. :)

Thanks!