Forum Discussion

AmitA
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

Value getting changed in datasource of 5.1.2

Hi Team

Currently I using SOAPUI version 5.1.2 .in this version I am getting a problem while reading the values from excel.On the same time when I am opening the project on 5.0.0 its showing correct values that I have given in excel.Please find the attached screen shot(value after decimal is getting changed)

9 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

The excel jar files were upgraded in 5.1.1 and 5.1 to configure xlsx files,

The custom values are not read correctly from the excel sheet, they are read off as decimal So the workaround for the issue is, Copy all the cells from Excel to Notepad Delete all the cells from excel Select all the cells > Right click > Format cells > Select text Copy all the values from Notepad Right click on excel sheet > Pasts as Text

And then try the file in DataSource, this should work.

The defect tracking number for this issue is SOAP-2777. You can follow up on this bug with this.

Regards,
    Temil
    AmitA
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Team

Still its not working and I have tried in NG Pro even in that its not working .Please provide the resolution asap.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

I tried this in SoapUI Pro NG 1.1.0 and it is working as expected. Screen shots below. Is the difference you are now seeing is that it doesn't include the trailing zero i.e 2387.4 instead of 2387.40?

Regards,
    Marcus
    SmartBear Support
    AmitA
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Team

Please refer screen shot and the excel sheet for your reference.I have done the same thing in NG Pro but I am still getting the same error.In excel I have provided value ExpAgPLB=52.68 but in datasource its showing 52.6848 due to which assertion are getting failed
    AmitA
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Team
    Please find the attached file for your reference.I am using excel and Open office both but its not working in 5.1.2 and NG pro and the same was working in 5.0.0.Please suggest
    AmitA
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Team

We are waiting for the resolution.Request you to please provide the resolution asap.