Forum Discussion

alibaba82
Super Contributor
17 years ago

Service Endpoint question

Hello,
If a request for some interface has a username = abcd (specified in test request properties)

but the service endpoint has the username = xyz

what does soapui do for this request? who takes precedence ?

Thanks

Ali

3 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Ali,

the request values should always take precedence.

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    alibaba82
    Super Contributor
    Hello,
    Two things...
    1. would it make sense to give the user an option so that the values specified in service endpoint will take precedence. The reason for this is for test script maintainence. Since a lot of script were written before this feature, and I anticipate the username/password changing in the future, having the service endpoint overwrite the values in the request will be useful. Otherwise I have to go and delete the values in each of requests.

2. As of now I have to go to each of the interfaces in my project and specify the username/password etc. I think the service endpoint option should be shown by right clicking on the project name. it should then show all the interfaces within that project so that they can be configured.

3. Great job on the 1.7.6. Can you elaborate more on the following
    * Global/System-Property expansion support in property expansions.
    * XQuery 2.0
    * Plugin API

They seem major feature and I would love to know how I can use them in my project. I am just a little unclear on what they are and how they are used. Other than this, it has truly been a pleasure using your software. soapUI makes testing very exciting.

Thanks

Ali
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Ali,

thanks for your nice comments and suggestions on improvements! The endpoint-related improvements will definitely make it into one of the coming snapshots.. Maybe we could extend the "Assign" functionality in the service-endpoints dialog to also copy authentication values?

Regarding the improvements; we'll right some tips&tricks on these over the coming days; you can already read about the XQuery support at
    http://www.eviware.com/content/view/84/44/

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com